|About Faces - Game for Autistic Children|
A Facial Expression Card Game That Teaches Facial Expressions and Emotions
More about the card game, About Faces
Children are motivated to read facial expressions as they play this appealing, highly versatile card game. About Faces is made up of colorful cartoon drawings of a boy demonstrating the different emotions. Children will have fun playing a matching game where they name and mimic the emotions seen on the cards. About Faces provides a strong introduction to the often mysterious world of facial expressions and their accompanying feelings.
The versatility of About Faces cards is practically endless. Some additional games and activities include:
- One player draws the face seen on the card while the other players guess the emotion.
- One player mimics the facial expression on the card while the other players guess the emotion.
- One or more players sort the cards into categories.
- An adult uses the cards as flash cards so the child can label the emotion.
- A child can use the cards as a way to indicate how he is feeling.
About Faces Materials Include:
- 16 cards with colored face drawings showing happy, sad, angry and surprised. There are 4 matches of each emotion
- 16 cards with colored face drawings and a word label naming happy, sad, angry and surprised. There are 4 matches of each emotion
- 16 cards of a word label only of happy, sad, angry and surprised. There are 4 matches of each emotion Game directions
- Handy plastic card case
"I never thought I could get my son to pay attention to the expression on my face, but he is doing it with About Faces!"
From Marie, Los Angeles CA